Thursday 7 April 2011

Should we have a referendum?

My brother asked me how I will vote in the May referendum. I admitted I didn't know much about it, but I did know about the row between the British Olympic Committee (BOC) and LOCOG over payments. The website www.insidethebiz.com had the full judgement from the International Olympic Committee(IOC). As I said to him, if I were the BOC's lawyer I'd be telling them they haven't a chance of winning. In the process you have also upset everyone from the IOC to the Sports Minister. They have no friends in the media either. So yes I was smug yesterday to read that talks are underway again. I would like to be a fly on the wall of that room! Two former Tory MPs having a spat and each claiming the high ground. As regards the referendum I am still not decided.

No comments: